Finding Protection Solutions
The new Consumer Duty rules make it clear that all firms must now provide a solution to address their clients’ protection needs. Advisers will no longer be able to postpone protection conversations until a later date, and instead, will need to address the customer’s needs in order to avoid foreseeable harm for the client in question.
As an example, the very basic question which needs to be addressed here is what would the client do if they were, for any reason, unable to keep up payments on their mortgage? That is a potential outcome of providing advice and a recommendation on a mortgage, and therefore (at the very least) the adviser has to address the protection policies the client has in place, or rather doesn’t have, to address that potential outcome.
In the FCA’s FG22/5 ‘Final non-Handbook Guidance for firms on the Consumer Duty’, it states “Where a firm declines to provide a customer with a particular product or service, the firm should still consider whether there is information or support it could provide to help the customer pursue their financial objectives”. Keep reading to understand how Paradigm and Howden Life & Health can help you to meet this requirement.
At Paradigm, we can support you in either developing protection solutions within your own firm, or referring your protection business to a Protection Specialist, with a no cross sale guarantee, in order to address these needs. We have chosen to partner with Howden Life & Health. Please see below for more details about their proposition.
Howden Life & Health
Who are Howden Life & Health?
Based in the beautiful Cotswolds Gloucestershire but serving the whole of UK, Howden Life & Health is a specialist Life and Health Insurance intermediary, specialising in producing bespoke solutions for partner companies and websites.
Directly authorised and regulated by the FCA, registration number 176392, we have an unblemished compliance record and a first class reputation amongst insurers, partners and clients alike.
Our specialist areas are Life Insurance, Private Medical Insurance, Income Protection, Accident Sickness and Unemployment cover.
We also provide online insurance quotations for a range of insurance products backed by a team of professional advisers.
Howden Life & Health are proud to be founding members of the Protection Distributors Group (PDG) and executive members of The Association Of Medical Insurers and Intermediaries (AMII).
Why trust Howden Life & Health?
- No cross selling guarantee
- Trustpilot score 4.9/5.0
- Established over 25 years
- One of the widest panels in the UK
- Recommended by Moneysavingexpert and Comparethemarket.com
- Have won several awards including 2018, 2019 & 2020 Protection Review Health Insurance Advisor of the Year
Please find below details of what you will earn on different types of protection business:
- Life Insurance 33% of initial indemnity commission – average of £201 to your firm
- Health Insurance 33% of year 1 front loaded commission – average of £193 to your firm
- Income Protection 33% of Initial indemnity commission– average of £219 to your firm
- Accident, Sickness and Unemployment 100% of year 1 renewable income – average of £89 to your firm
- General Insurance (motor, home, caravan etc.) £70 per policy
- Commercial Insurance (property, fleet, liability, professional indemnity) - 40% of year 1 renewable income
Refer a client
To refer a client to us, please click here and complete the short form which includes providing your firm’s details and information about your client.
If you’d like to speak to us, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. You can call us on 0808 196 8837 or email [email protected].