Unum Group Income ProtectionIncome Protection provides a financial benefit and rehabilitation support if an employee is unable to work because of long-term illness or injury – and can be used by employers:
- To help manage sickness and the associated costs. Our rehabilitation support help employees get back to health and back to work – helping to reduce the length of sickness absence and the impact on an organisation.
- As an employee benefit to provide continued income for sick and incapacitated employees, helping to relieve money worries at a difficult time.
Paradigm members have access to increased Free Cover Levels (£65,000) and 3-year rate guarantees on Unum Group Income Protection policies.
[email protected] at no additional cost – providing insured employees and their families* with five health and wellbeing support services through one easy-to-use app.
- Remote GPs: Confidential video consultations that aim to get people seen by UK-based doctors within two hours, all day, every day. Each appointment lasts up to 20 minutes with GPs able to issue prescriptions and medications – delivered directly – where needed**
- Mental health support: From assigned therapists delivered via video consultation or in person as clinically appropriate.
- Physiotherapy: Helping people to stay at work or return to work, delivered via video consultation or in person as clinically appropriate.
- Medical second opinions: With UK-based private consultants following a final diagnosis.
- Employee Assistance Programme: Provided through LifeWorks by Morneau Shepell and offering a wide range of life, money and wellbeing support including:
- 24/7 helplines: Immediate and confidential access to qualified counsellors and experts, supporting employees on a broad range of topics whenever they need it.
- Financial wellbeing: Enabling people to feel in control of their finances with tailored guidance to improve an individual’s overall financial wellbeing.
- Mental wellbeing support: Access to online modules, guidance and localised support to help employees receive professional care specific to their needs.
- Life event resources: Guidance on key life events such as moving home, becoming a parent, elder care or starting a new job.
- Health and fitness plans: Custom work-out plans and nutritional advice to help people reach their health and fitness goals.
- Legal assistance: Comprehensive advice for businesses from law experts, taking the strain away from potentially complex legal issues.
- Line manager support: Helping managers on all aspects of their management role, including a referral service and access to advice from professional consultants.
** If an individual requires medication, a referral letter or private fit note, they will need to pay for these. They will also need to pay a delivery charge if they opt to have the medication sent to them. The remote GP will go through the options and next steps during the consultation.
Remote GP, second opinion, mental health support and physiotherapy are provided by Square Health via their [email protected] app. Square Health Limited, registered in England and Wales Number 07054181. Crown House, William Street, Windsor SL4 1AT. Employee Assistance Programme provided by LifeWorks whose registered office is Suite 1, 3rd Floor 11-12 St James’s Square, London SW1Y 4LB. Registered in England company number 8223675. The Cancer Support Service mentioned in this programme is provided by Reframe. Reframe is a trading style of Harley Street Concierge Ltd, a limited company registered in England and Wales. Company registration number is 8331310, VAT number is 175 2395 90. Registered office: Regent House 316 Beulah Hill, London SE19 3HF.
Access to these services is facilitated by Unum at no cost to you. Unum is not the provider of the services but can withdraw or change the services at any time. The services are entirely separate from any insurance policy provided by Unum and are subject to the terms and conditions of the relevant third-party specialists. There is no additional cost or increase in premium as a result of Unum making this benefit available.
Other Support Services
Our Group Income Protection policyholders also have access at no additional cost to:
Access to our nationwide rehabilitation team, who help manage an employee’s sickness absence. And because they’re used to working with companies of all different sizes and with a whole range of illness and injuries, your client will always be in safe hands.
Mental Health Pathway
Unum’s Mental Health Pathway is an early intervention service that enables employers and employees to access specialist support, quickly, when mental health concerns are first raised.
Further informationWe have a dedicated team of Business Development Consultants to support Paradigm members across the country with building and developing their Employee Benefits portfolio.
Our Consultants have a wealth of experience to help support Paradigm members with joint client meetings, data driven market insight, tailored marketing/pitching materials and general conversations about products and services.
Please email [email protected] for any questions or to be put in touch with your local Unum Consultant.
Unum is not authorised to give advice. The material contained in this page applies only to Unum and its products. Whilst we have taken all reasonable steps to ensure that the information within this page is accurate and up to date, we cannot accept liability for any error or omissions. Terms and conditions apply.
Unum Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.