Prudential - The 2022 Family Wealth Unlocked ReportIs there a growing need for intergenerational planning advice?
Following the resounding success of the 2021 Wealth Unlocked report, we’ve commissioned further consumer research for 2022. Given the importance of intergenerational wealth transfer to advisers and their clients, last year we interviewed 1,000 individuals who had received financial advice in the last five years, leading to the first edition of the Family Wealth Unlocked report.
This year we’ve improved the report further, interviewing twice as many individuals as we did last year, broadening its areas of understanding – and considering findings both through the lens of COVID and the imminent squeeze on income.
To gain a comprehensive understanding of the behaviours and attitudes of individual generations – as well as co-operative family adoption of intergenerational planning – we interviewed robust samples of five key generations:
- Gen Z – 18 -23 years old>
- Millennials – 24 – 38 years old
- Gen X – 39-53 years old
- Baby Boomers – 64-74 years old
- How many generations of families are using – and sharing- advisers today
- What would make more people engage with advisers for intergenerational financial planning
- How is gifting being used to support the needs of younger generations today?
- The new advice needs of different generations, providing a new focus for advisers
Visit our intergenerational planning page for insight and practical solutions, to support you with extending your expertise and value across more generations of a family.